India's non-English speaking population is hugely based in the rural areas of the country. In this article, you'll know how the Indic languages work best to communicate with the socio-economically weaker sections; the section that has a potential close to 205 million internet user.
The recent report published by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Kantar IMRB, states that India has a potential of 205 million internet non-users, who are likely to go digital if they could access the internet in a language of their choice. The report throws light upon the total 481 million internet users in the country, 335 million are non-unique users in Indic and out of that figure, 58 percent of these users belong to urban areas and the remaining 42 percent are from rural parts of India. The term non-unique refers to the fact these users do not access internet only in Indic, but that only a small proportion of their usage is in Indic.
The report finds that the consumption of Indic content is restricted to entertainment - movie downloads, live-streaming, music etc. Services like online banking, ticket booking or job searching go unused by these users since none of these services are offered in the preferred language of an individual. Such is the figure for a mere usage of a search engine which is limited to only 39 percent of the total Indic crowd.
In order to expand the reach and get the 205 million audiences online from Indic - choose localization. Localization can bridge the gap and remove restrictions from the language and internet usage. Take the decision to localize your marketing content, software and mobile apps, websites etc in Indic languages. Write to us for a quote or queries - request(at)cmmlanguages(dot)com
© Copyright 2019 CMM Languages & Web Services. All Rights Reserved