Localization & translation industry is niche but it offers one of the most needed services in the world – COMMUNICATION. If you are engaged with a localization company or you have translators in your office, here are some useful and UNDERRATED things they must do –
- For a localization company, there are a handful of external parties to collaborate with but the most needed collaboration is within the company. The expertise of all their teams must support each other with proper communication. All teams must move forward together in harmony while working on a project and cause no hassle for the clients as well. Apps like Trello, Evernote, Zoho, Workplace can help them in maintaining clear coordination within the internal teams.
- It is true that human translation is better (to an extent) than machine translation for several reasons. Every language has its own nuances, idioms, local phrases and a lot of other things which are connected to the culture and its norms. Hence, a human will do a better job at LOCALIZATION than what a machine might do.
- However, humans too can make errors and a machine can fix them! Ensure that your localization vendor or internal translators have appropriate filters and checks in place to keep human errors right down.
- Every localization vendor must know that the client is waiting and needs a quote immediately. A quick quote doesn’t show desperation but it shows that your partner values your time and work.
- Localization is teamwork and the flow of ongoing projects are well-planned in advance. All the teams already know their work and how much workflow is expected from them each day; the coordinators and managers can really take it easy. The task tracker apps/software are of a big help here to ensure that the teams are on the same page. Optimizing the workflow without close supervision will make life easier.
- As localization vendor builds up more clients, the workload will also increase, and their teams must make edits in the plan and prioritize projects. Their team is already great at planning and tracking progress but a lot of work, sometimes, leads to disorganized plans quickly. Quick team meetings at work or on call is an easy way out to recall projects before things go out of control.
- We all know that we must work like a team in harmony but you may want to keep some project details from a few team members. Not everyone in the team needs to have all the information about all the projects, so the access can and must be controlled for good. Remember you have signed an NDA with your localization partner.
© Copyright 2020 CMM Languages & Web Services. All Rights Reserved